5 Must-Have Office Supplies for Real Estate Professionals
As a real estate professional, your office really exists in three places: the car, in the homes that you have listed, and your main home or commercial office. However, it is in your main head quarters that you need to maintain a sense of professionalism and have the tools, at the ready, to do so. In order to be a success in the real estate industry you can’t let anything slow you down or stop you. Moreover, your efficiency as a real estate professional can come all the way down to the office supplies you have and how you use them. Every agent or broker in the competitive market of the real estate industry must the right office supplies, so that he or she can be ready to snag a property for their listings or make a sale. Here are 5 must-have office supplies for real estate professionals.
- One of the most important pieces of office equipment that any real estate agent must have is one or two large computer screens. In order to work efficiently, you need to be able to constantly view the homes you have listed or homes that pop up for sale, and you need to be constantly refreshing your email and replying to potential buyers or sellers. The emails might be coming in rapid succession and they might be one counter offer after another counter offer. Have two large computer monitors will allow you to be on double duty so that you can possibly double your success.
- When real estate professionals are writing down that list of office supplies for their assistant to pick up, it is important to have a large corkboard, a map and lots of pins. If you want to be a master of real estate in a specific neighborhood or community, you need to be able to have a bird’s eye perspective. You want to be able to pin down areas where you own properties and perhaps with another color pin, pin down areas where you would like to own more property.
- It is also important for real estate professionals to have a good desk and a good chair. It is recommend that you have a sectional desk with good shelves and organizers, or some kind of L shaped desk so that you can maneuver between a number of different tasks at once. And you want to have a good chair too, that can support your back and will allow you to move around – a chair with wheels is good for quick mobility.
- Also, the benefits of electronic fax versus regular fax are many. Without a bulky fax machine you can have the room to complete a lot more work. With an electronic fax service you are also helping out the environment, because you aren’t using as much paper.
- Lastly, real estate professionals need lots paper clips and staples to keep all their contracts, agreements and housing prospectives in order. Having a strong enough stapler will help too. The last thing you want to do when you are making a sale is to have to go digging in your briefcase for different documents that might be scattered and unorganized.