Top Tips on Making Your Tiny New Condo in Quebec City Look Bigger
There are plenty of options when it comes to affordable real estate listings in Quebec City, but sometimes your budget may force you to get a tiny condo. But there’s no reason to feel cramped and claustrophobic in your new home. With the right decorative touches, you can make even a small pad look roomy.
Here are some tips that are easy to implement:
- Hang large mirrors. Mirrors are perhaps the best “secret” when it comes to giving the illusion of space. You can prop it up on a table and it may seem like it’s another window that gives your place a roomier feel. It can also be placed right in front of a window so that it reflects the light to make the room feel brighter and bigger.
- Dump the traditional overhead lighting. It’s too common, and it somehow emphasizes the cramped space of a small room. Instead, you should use smaller lamps with mellower lights. They spread the light all around, and their spread out placement draws the eye to move around the place to provide the feeling of bigger space.
- Use transparent glass for tables. Furniture, especially large ones, doesn’t just occupy actual space. They also occupy visual space that makes you feel ensconced and suffocated. But you can use glass tops and sides, and the transparency of the glass material frees up the visual space in the room.
- Buy striped rugs. You know how stripes on clothes make some people look bigger? These stripes on rugs have the same effect on small rooms. It makes the room seem longer. For best results, you should have the stripes go along the longest length of the room.
- Get one large couch. It’s much better than several smaller chairs because the effect of the single couch minimizes the cluttered feel. The reduction of clutter in a room makes it feel bigger.
- Get rid of the clutter. Clutter is never a good thing. It makes spaces feel cramped and tight, because it gives the impression that you can’t move freely. So get rid of clutter, and you’ll find that the neat result makes you breathe easier and feel lighter and freer.
- Go for bigger but fewer decorative items. This is related to clutter, and it’s connected to the single couch suggestion mentioned earlier. For small spaces, you want large picture frames on walls and huge vases on tables. Just get a few pieces instead of many small ones.
- Paint the ceiling white. The paint on your walls can have color – make sure to use lighter shades, however the paint on the ceiling must be white. This will make the ceiling seem higher and the space more open.
You can live in a small pad without having to feel cramped. When you look over real estate listings, you don’t have to discount small homes and condos. There are always ways to make a space appear bigger than it really is.